10 Easy Steps For Getting Video On Your Business Website
I’m often asked, “I have no video training, but I want to put video on my website to help promote my products and services. What can I do?”
Well, the answer is simple. If you can shoot a home movie, you can put a video clip on your website. Now the first thing is not to be scared of the camera. A good salesperson needs to speak clearly and present their product in a manner that everyone can understand and enjoy. So with that in mind, turn on your camera, cell phone, or video capturing tool you have and begin shooting. But here are a few tips for making your shoot successful and getting it up on your website.
1. Speak clearly so that everyone watching can understand what you’re saying and what your product is about.
2. Make sure you have enough light to see you and your product. But be aware that you can also have too much light. So the best thing to do is test your video and the area you’re going to be shot in. Make sure you look natural.
3. A microphone is essential, as you need to be heard. If you’re using a mini-DV camera, you can quickly get a microphone that can attach from the camera to your clothing. Make sure you can’t see the wire connecting the mic and the camera during your video.
4. Have FUN! No one wants to see a sour face on camera. So make sure you are having fun and that you SMILE. The better you come across on camera; the more people want to buy your product or services.
5. Don’t use big words in your video presentation. Keep it short, sweet, and straightforward.
6. Once you’ve finished your recording, watch it. Make sure it’s what you want and something that you’ll feel proud to have on your website.
7. Now, get the clip to your computer. Your camera will have instructions on how to upload the footage. Now you can get fancy and use one of the high-end video editing products. But those take a long time to learn. So if your on a PC use Windows MovieMaker and if your on a Mac use IMove and edit your clip to your licking. Don’t use too many crazy effects. Keep it about you and your product.
8. Now, once your clip is edited, you need to output it to a web file. If you’re on a PC, then output the file to a WMV. And if you’re on a MAC, then output your clip to a . MOV file.
9. Upload it! If you don’t have server space, use//Video.Google.com or //Youtube.com. You can easily upload your video to these services. You will have the code to embed the file to your website, but you will also allow others to see your video and your product who haven’t been to your site yet. It will be as easy as CUT and PASTE to an HTML page.
10. Promote your video clip. Include links to your clip in your weekly newsletters. Send your clip to your friends, family, and business associates. Let them see your work and ask them to pass it on to other friends. Soon you’ll notice that you have a ton of visitors watching your video and more traffic to your website.
What are some common goals for businesses to have when creating video content?
In today’s digital world, video content has become an essential tool for businesses to enhance their online presence. However, some business owners may find it daunting to add a video to their website. Luckily, there are 10 easy steps to follow for getting video on your business website.
1. Determine the goal of your video. Before you start creating a video, identify its purpose. Is it to showcase your products or services, to provide information, or to entertain? Knowing the goal of the video will help you create a compelling and focused message.
2. Plan your video content. Once you’ve identified your video goal, plan your content. Create a storyboard that outlines the key points you want to convey, and decide how you’ll showcase your brand.
3. Record or create your video. You can create your video by recording it using your smartphone or camera, or by hiring a professional video production company. Regardless of how you create it, make sure it looks professional and is high-quality.
4. Edit your video. Use editing software to trim and polish your video. Also, add any captions or transitions necessary for a professional look.
5. Optimize your video for web viewing. Make sure your video is in a format that is compatible with web browsers. The most commonly used video formats for the web are MP4, OGG, and WebM.
6. Host your video. There are numerous hosting options, including YouTube, Vimeo, and Wistia. Choose the one that fits your specific needs, and then upload your video.
7. Create a thumbnail image. A thumbnail image is the small image that viewers see before they click to play your video. Make sure it is attention-grabbing and reflects the content of your video.
8. Add your video to your website. Once your video is uploaded, it’s time to add it to your website. You can do this by embedding the video code into your website code.
9. Test your video. Before making your video public, test it to make sure it plays correctly on your website and that any links within it work properly.
10. Promote your video. Once your video is live, promote it on social media and other channels to drive traffic to your website.
In conclusion, adding video content to your business website can boost engagement and help you stand out in a crowded digital marketplace. By following these 10 easy steps, you can create and upload a professional-looking video that will enhance your online presence and help you achieve your business goals.